Joseph is an undergraduate Materials Science & Engineering student from the University of Toronto. He has performed research on computed tomography traceable materials with Prof. Naomi Matsuura at the University of Toronto (2017) and quantitative atomic force microscopy with Prof. Robert Stark and Dr. Christian Dietz at the Technische Universität Darmstadt (2018). He also took part in an academic exchange at the National University of Singapore (2018) as part of his studies.
Joseph joined Dr. Aizenberg’s group in early 2019 as a coop student.
He currently works with Dr. Ida Pavlichenko and Jack Alvarenga in studying cellular adhesion on slippery liquid infused porous surfaces.
Awards and Honors
- (2018) Technische Universität Darmstadt International Research Experience Program Scholarship
- (2018) University of Toronto Summer Research International Experience Award
- (2017) Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada Undergraduate Student Research Award
- (2017) University of Toronto Engineering Society Award for extracurricular involvement
- (2017) George A. Guess Scholarship for academic excellence and leadership qualities