Nikolaj K. Mandsberg
Nikolaj Mandsberg earned his MSc degree in Physics and Nanotechnology with specialization in Nanosystems Engineering (honors, 2017) from the Technical University of Denmark (DTU). During his studies, he investigated topographically induced superhydrophobicity of surfaces and condensation hereon. He continued working with condensation on hydrophilic polymers concerning their anti-fogging properties. His MSc thesis project focused on the development of microdroplet array surfaces, where the array droplets were created by pipetting, dip-coating, and condensation.
He joined the Aizenberg Lab in September 2017 sponsored by Fulbright and Weibel company (DAF) scholarships.
Awards and Honors
- Fulbright scholarship, 2017-18
- Augustinus Fonden scholarship 2017-18
- Denmark-Amerika Fondet (DAF) company scholarship sponsored by Weibel (Doppler Radars), 2017-18
- Enrolled in and graduated from the MSc honors program at the Technical University of Denmark, 2015-17
- Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) from California Institute of Technology (Caltech), 2014
- Various scholarships for exchange study at Caltech: Otto Mønsted, Henry Shaws, DTU stipend, Frants Alling, Dansk Tennis Fond, 2013