I am a postodcotal fellow in the WYSS Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering at Harvard university. My main work is in lipid domains; from the packing and structure and their interactions with protein to their biological relevance for cell function and pathology. However, I am also interested on a wide range of fields in physics. I often develop new experimental setups and methods for my research. I enjoy discussions and always happy to collaborate. Feel free to contact me.
I obtained a BSc degree in Physics and Mathematics in 2003 and an MSc degree in Physics in 2005, both at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem, for work on photonic crystals and the implementation of surface plasmons on cells. I obtained a PhD degree from the Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot (Israel) in the Structural Biology Department, characterizing lipid domains by X-ray diffraction, for which I received the Barenholz prize.
Scientific Community service:
• Founder and organizer of the International Student Workshop on Lipid domains. (ISWOLD 2010) The meeting was highlighted in Nature 2010, 467, S16-S18.
• Founder of the Weizmann Institute Converging Technologies seminar meetings on Lipid Domain, 2006-2010.
• Scientist representative at the “Beer and Science” program; introducing science to community, 2010.
• Science instructor of high-school teachers and students 2007-8.
• Voluntary teaching of high school student of a low socioeconomics sector, 2005-2006.
• Co-organizer of the mathematics exhibition in science fair of the Science Oriented Youth, Jerusalem, 2004.
Awards and honors
Human Frontiers Science Program, Long-Term Fellowship, 2012-2015
Barenholz prize for basic research on sphingolipids, 2011
Rothschild Fellow, 2011-2012 (Rothschild Yad Hanadiv Foundation)
Qualified in a global competition among young scientists worldwide to participate in the 60th Meeting of Nobel Laureates, 3rd Interdisciplinary Meeting, Lindau, Germany, June-July 2010.
Weizmann Institute PhD Scholarship, 2005-2010 (Weizmann Institute of Science)
Racah institute of Physics MSc scholarship, 2003-2004 (Hebrew University in Jerusalem)